Zilpah's Kitchen special Kebabs for your next picnic
1. 1/2 kg of ground beef/mined meat.
2. 2 lightly beaten eggs.
3. 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions.
4. 1/2 cup finely shredded spring onions
5. 2 Tsp ground garlic
6. 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander.
7. Salt to taste
8. Pinch of black pepper.
9. 1 tsp paprika
10. 1 tsp curry powder
11. Oil to deep fry.
1. Add 3 table spoons of oil to a sauce pan and lightly fry the onions, spring onions until soft.
2. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute while stirring.
3. Add the paprika, curry and black pepper and cook for 2 minutes then remove from the fire.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, coriander, salt and the cooked onions. Mix well.
5. Divide the mixture into 6 portions and shape them into sausage shapes.
6. Coat each in the wheat flour and then dip in the egg dip.
7. In a deep frying pan or fryer bring the oil to heat under medium heat. Ensure the oil is not too hot and not too cool... it should be medium heat.
8. Deep fry the kebabs on medium heat as you constantly turn them until they are light brown.(about 12 minutes)
9. Remove them from the oil and repeat the egg dip and deep fry again this time for about 5-6minutes.
10. Repeat the egg dip a third time and deep fry for 5 minutes. remove them from the oil and drain.
11. pack them in aluminium foil to keep them hot.
SERVING: 6 PORTIONS
TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN