Quick fix flourless chocolate cake recipe
Here is a quick gluten-free desert you can make for your potluck book club in the park. With just these five simple ingredients to work with, this flourless chocolate cake topped with flaked almonds is not only quick and easy to make but also a crowd pleaser.
- 100 Gram Chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 75-gram Butter
- 100-gram Sugar
- Flaked almonds
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over hot water.
- In a bowl whisk butter and sugar together. As you whisk, add the 4 egg yolks, one at a time.
- In another bowl whisk 3 egg whites until frothy.
- Let the heated chocolate cool down and pour it into the butter and egg mixture.
- Then add the egg white mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the chocolate mixture in a floured and buttered oven tray & garnish with flaky almonds.
- Set the oven at 175 degrees and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Side note: I considered adding some chili flakes to give it a kick; that would go down a treat with a good bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Send up pictures of how this cam eout and pairing reviews.