No Turkey? No worries…. Our Quick-fix Lemon and Herb Chicken Breast Got you sorted for Thanksgiving Dinner
By Tony Karanja
It’s thanksgiving, again! Except, like every other holiday this year, its different! The Ministry of Health has put in place pandemic containment measures and we are not supposed to have mass gatherings. The beauty of Thanksgiving is celebrating it with family and some amazing food. So, it’s okay to feel meh this time round if you can’t link up with the fam.
However, and as usual, we got you covered on the food bit. We talked to Chef Feizal, who put together an amazing recipe that you can whip up and enjoy on Thanksgiving Dinner.
Lemon and Herb Chicken Breast
Total Time: 4hrs40Mins
· 2kg Chicken breasts
· ¼ Cup milk
· 5 Garlic cloves
· 3 Green chillies
· ¼ bunch coriander
· ¼ bunch basil
· ¼ bunch rosemary leaves
· ½ cup oil
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ tsp black pepper
· 1 lemon juice
· Fresh coriander and lemon to garnish
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend until fine, in a small bowl marinate chicken breasts for 4 hours.
2. Remove from marinade heat a nonstick pan and fry
chicken breast for 15 minutes until slightly browned, turn down the heat and pour in marinade allow to cook further for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees and pop them into the oven for 15-20 min.
4. Check if fully cooked through add coriander before serving.
5. Serve with lemon wedges and salad, potatoes or even rice.