Healthy kid recipes for healthy kids
We all strive to bring up all round healthy kids. Theirwellness is one thing that is always in the mind of any parent. When it comesto meals, sometimes we may run out of options. sometimes torn between givingthem all healthy foods and letting them be children by giving them processedtreats… it’s only human, right? But, wehave your back, here are some treats that will come in handy when you get tothat catch 22 situation. The beauty of these recipes is that you can make themwith your kids- something that will keep them busy and help them learn while atit:
- Frozen banana treats
Prep time 1hr 35mins
● 3 medium bananas
● 1 cup dark chocolate chips
● 2 teaspoons shortening
● Toppings: chopped peanuts, toasted sweetened shreddedcoconut and/or colored jimmies.
- Cut each banana crosswise into 6 pieces (about 1 in.). Insert a toothpick into each piece; transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip the frozen banana pieces in the chocolate mixture and allow the excess mixture to drip off.
- Dip in toppings as desired; return to the baking sheet. Freeze at least 30 minutes before serving.
- You can make as many to serve many kids.
- Kiddy Homemade cake
Prep time-50 minutes
● 1 cup white sugar
● ½ cup butter
● 2 large eggs
● 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
● 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
● 1 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
● ½ cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine the flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- You can serve with a warm or cold drink as preferred.